Tuesday 14 February 2012

Sharing the Love

Happy Valentine's Day!

I think that I posted a few weeks back that Valentine's Day is not huge here in Australia.  Most people don't do a thing.  Martin and I don't do anything romantic either, but now that we have kids, we make it special by celebrating our little family.  I have made a gum ball necklace for my girl, a game of Tic-Tac-Toe for my boy and I have also made a game of Valentine's Bingo that we'll play together after our family dinner.

 I did put up a few decorations around the house to mark the occasion.  I couldn't be a total Valentine's Aussie grinch.
The kids and I put together this little tray for the coffee table in our family room.  
The idea for the mason jars is from here and I cannot remember where I got the LOVE printable...sorry!.
The kids and I made the monogrammed "B" over the weekend.  The 'B' is covered in buttons and looks great on the side board to match all the red and pink splashes of colour.  We also made the little stringed garland.  It was total team work.  Grace stencilled the heart, I cut them out, Paddy did the hole punching at the top of each heart and then we strung them up together.  Simple, simple, simple.


In other great news...Martin is now home safe and well.  
He has been in the US for work.  
I love being together as a family of four!   
Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment