Wednesday 4 July 2012

Words With Friends

My kids LOVE receiving letters in the post.
I sometimes leave the mail in the box just so I can see their little faces beam 
when they see envelopes in there.
It is even better when there is an envelope with their name on it.





Pure joy!

When I was a little girl I had a pen pal in Sweden.
Her name was Pia and I remember being over the moon when I received a letter from her.
It made me feel happy, loved and special.
I want my kids to experience that, too.

So, I got thinking and created this little pen pal kit for the kids to send to a friend
or someone they would like to be their pen pal.
(I remember seeing this idea somewhere else a few years back but I have no clue where I saw it...sorry!)
Anyone can be a pen pal - cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, friends or it maybe someone they do not know (Note - if this is the case please be careful how you go about it - some guidelines are HERE)


Some ideas of what you can include in the kit:
  • pencils/pens
  • writing paper/envelopes
  • stickers
  • paperclips
  • post-it notes
  • a little treat
  • stamps
  • eraser
  • stapler
  • a box to keep the letters in. 
 I bought this box at the Dollar Store for $2. I adhered the birdy picture to the front with some Modge Podge
This little box will be sent to a very special girl in Sydney.  
I hope that it makes her feel happy, special and loved, too.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jane we are so happy to be the recip[ients of this gorgeous package -you are such a wonderful and generous friend. Thankyou!!! Sophie will ring you tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so glad that she likes it. grace couldn't wait to pop it in the post. Grace insisted that I make an extra box for her. She said "If we're going to be pen pals we both need one." We hope all is going well for you and you;re settling back into your Sydney groove nicely...even though we miss all of you! x

      Delete