Thursday 19 July 2012

Cake Batter

I was out with a friend the other day and we got onto the topic of cake batter (who knows how we got there, but we did).  I remember as a kid, licking the bowl, spoon and beater and enjoying every minute of it.  Saying that, I know that we weren't allowed to do it when the mix contained raw egg and I have continued that stance in our house.  My friend mentioned that the raw egg issue is not a concern for her and she quite happily lets her kids indulge in all forms of biscuit dough, batter and so on.

So, I got thinking...am I the only one who has not allowed my kids to do this because of a raw egg concern?


I saw this link and it confirmed my concerns and I won't be allowing my kids to have any batter with raw egg in it.

So, I want to know do you let your kids indulge in cake batter or do you consider it a health risk like I do?