Tuesday 17 July 2012

Chevron Blanket/Throw


Gracie's chevron blanket is complete.  
She loves it just as much as I do.  
I love the colours that we selected and it makes her room feel even more happy and 'girly'.

Below is the video that I followed.  
My pattern is slightly different, though (see written pattern below the video link).
Instead of doing 5 double crochet stitches (dc) between each valley and hill, 
I did 10dc because I wanted deeper hills and slopes.

The video explains dc2tog and dc3tog well if this is a new stitch for you.


Materials:
Pattern

Row 1: Ch 246
Row 2: Starting in 3rd chain dc2tog, dc in next 10, 3dc in next, dc in next 10, dc3tog, dc in next 10, repeat until last two stitches, dc2tog
Row 3:  Ch 2 and turn, dc2tog, dc in next 10, 3dc in next, dc in next 10 and continue pattern until last 2 stitches, dc2tog
Row4: and onwards - continue with the pattern until a desired blanket size is reached.

When finished fasten off and weave in all ends.