Thursday 29 March 2012

NYC ~Day Five~

Our final day in NYC was spent walking, yes more walking!  Most of our time was spent at the MoMA,  What a way to end our trip.  The MoMa would have to be one of my favourite museums ever.  The kids were in heaven looking at all things Matisse, Leger, Van Gogh and Picasso.  I saw a few school groups go through and I couldn't help but think how lucky these children are to have this on their doorstep.  When I was teaching and we studied a particular artist, we'd look on the computer or at prints but these kids have the opportunity of seeing real art works amongst other incredible pieces while surrounded by the atmosphere of the museum...lucky, lucky, lucky.

Tonight we are going to have a family dinner at a beautiful restaurant opposite the MoMA.  The past few days have been magical and we need to celebrate this city together with one last hurrah.

(I have not been able to post from our hotel because the Wi-Fi is terrible.  I am posting this from the Apple Store on 5th Avenue.  I cannot link my photos to the post but as soon as I can, I'll be back on here letting you know how we're going)

We're now off to buy a sketch book for our budding artists...

No comments:

Post a Comment