Monday 19 March 2012

New Art For Our Walls

Our walls are starting to fill with beautiful new art pieces.  On the weekend we spotted some gorgeous paintings that we couldn't say no to, so we ended up buying them, all of them.  We just couldn't decide which ones we liked more and we had a few blank walls that were needing a colour boost.
This pretty meadow of flowers is my favourite piece.  It is now hanging in our formal lounge room.  
I love the depth and the colours are a perfect combination.  I am a sucker for green and blue hues.


This one is also hanging in our formal lounge room.  
I love the sky with the clouds blowing over it.  
It reminds me of summer - my favourite time of the year.


This is Martin's favourite.  
He loves simplicity and starkness so when I spotted this one I knew he'd love it.  
I was right!
It is hanging in our entrance hall.


We did not buy this painting.  
In fact, Martin and I painted it when we lived in Sydney.  
I love that we painted it together.
The light is new, though.
The kids call it the 'egg' light.
A pop of fun in a boring little corner.


While I was snapping photos of our new art pieces I decided to take a photo of this beauty.
Gracie made it a few years back.  
Whenever I look at it I get an instant smile.  
It makes me feel happy.  
Look at that little girls smile and funky dress.  
I also love that big sun and aqua sky.

Do you frame and hang up your children's art?

No comments:

Post a Comment