Some nights, dinner turns out perfectly and Monday night was one of those nights...hooray! I love it when I can whip up a wholesome, delicious meal quick as a wink. It was such an easy meal and so delicious. It was the best pasta and tomato sauce - EVER.
Even my picky daughter enjoyed it and that is saying something.
- 1 can of good quality plum or cherry tomatoes
- two cloves of garlic
- pinch of salt
- 1 tab olive oil
- pasta (your choice) I used rigatoni
- ricotta (Try to use good quality ricotta. I got mine at our local deli)
- In a saucepan mix the tomatoes, garlic, salt and oil
- Bring the mix to a simmer, then reduce heat to (medium-low) and cook for 20-30 minutes
- Boil up your pasta in salted water and cook until they're al dente
- In a serving bowl, combine the pasta with the tomato sauce and add a dollop of fresh ricotta.
- Mix the cheese, sauce and pasta together until you have a pink sauce
- Add some fresh basil
- Serve immediately and with a sprinkle of parmigiano