As requested by my very dear friend, Helen. Here is the recipe I use for Banana Bread. The kids devour it - even my little sparrow , Grace (see the photo below). In fact, she enjoys making it with me. It's that easy.
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 125g low fat margarine or butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp skim milk
- 1Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2cup brown sugar (or 3tablespoons Agave)
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour (I use wholemeal)
- Preheat oven to 160'C
- Mix together the bananas, margarine (or butter), eggs, milk, vanilla, maple syrup and sugar (or agave).
- Sift in flour and gently combine.
- Pour into a lined or greased loaf tin
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through.