Monday 30 April 2012

Textured Scarf

I finished Martin's scarf a while back but I thought that I would share some photos and the pattern with you.  It was a quick and easy knit.  I love the texture of the finished product.  It's starting to get cold down here in Melbourne and it won't be long before we're all grabbing our scarf and coat before heading out the door.

The Pattern
Yarn - 3 balls of Filatura di Casa 
Needles - 4mm and 5 mm

  • Using the 4mm needles cast on 41 stitches
  • Knit 4 rows
  • Change to 5mm needles
  • Row 1 - K2 *P1,K1 (through back loop), repeat from * to last 3 stitches, P1, K2
  • Row 2 - Knit
  • Repeat these two rows until the scarf measures approx. 165cm (ensure you still have enough yarn for remaining 4 rows and to cast off)
  • Change to 4mm needles
  • Knit 4 rows
  • Cast off

With the weather being cold and a few months of fireside time ahead of me, I can see a whole lot of knitting and crocheting being done.  At the moment I am working on a crocheted pram blanket for a friend who had a baby girl.  The baby is now a few weeks old so I have to get cracking on it.  With all  of all the winter woolies that I have planned, I am think it might just be a wonderfully warm Melbourne winter, after all.  Well in my house anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment