Monday 16 April 2012

Store Crush ~ The Purl Bee


For many years, The Purl Bee has been one of my favourite blogs to visit.  The site shares loads of project ideas using fabrics, yarn and more and they also have a store - Purl Soho in NYC.  This was a "must-do" on our recent trip and I was so lucky to spend an hour or two oohing and ahhing over everything in the store.

I also managed to snap some photos to share with you.
The shop has an amazing array of quilting fabrics from designers like 
Denyse Schmidt, Kokka, Moda, and the like.  

Oh, and they had Liberty prints too. I just drooled over the selection. Liberty cottons are not cheap, though- something like $37/yard. But at least they are 54" wide, not 44" like most.

Note that this store is not for bargain hunters.  
It is for people who want to work with the highest quality and best products available.


I was tempted to buy this adorable cross stitch iPhone case. 
 I have regretted not getting it since we left the store so I might just have to purchase it on-line.  
The pattern is here.

(Sorry for the blurry photo but the case was inside a glass dome)

The wall of wool was AMAZING.  
They had numerous projects on display and a huge variety of wools and colours available.
With winter just around the corner I ended up buying a few skeins of the Brooklyn tweed.  I'm not sure what I'll knit or crochet with it but I couldn't resist not buying it.

Isn't it an inviting store?  
So much sewing, knitting and crafting inspiration in one little store.
I felt like I was in heaven.

It was definitely worth visiting and  I am glad that I made the effort to get there.  I just wish there was a store like this in Melbourne or even Australia, but alas, there is not (well not that I know of).  
Maybe I'll just need to get back to NYC to re-visit this wonderful store.
I'm tempted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment