Tuesday 10 April 2012

Easter Traditions

I love having traditions to mark each holiday and I know that the kids do, too.  Our Easter traditions are quite simple but traditions nonetheless.  On Easter Saturday we usually go for a drive to the country or rural town not too far from home and have a family lunch at a quaint country cafe/restaurant or pub.  On Easter Sunday the day starts with a visit from the Easter Bunny and then we go to Easter Mass and if we're in Sydney we have lunch with my family and afternoon tea or an early dinner with Martin's. 

Well this year we had none of that and I can't tell you how many times the kids said - it didn't feel like Easter.  I had to agree with them.  Easter Saturday was spent flying from Oralndo to Hawaii and Easter Sunday morning was at the beach and then lunch by the hotel pool and the afternoon in our hotel room taking it slow.  Our only 'real' Easter celebration of the day was for dinner.  We went to a restaurant and talked about how different our Easter was.  Now I’m not saying it was bad, in a lot of ways it was perfect, it was just different. 



Tomorrow we fly home!  We're all going home with happy memories from our holiday but I am now looking forward to my own bed and some home cooked meals and catching up with family and friends.  I need to sit with my friends have a coffee and get back into the groove of our life in Melbourne. 

After the numerous flights we’ve had on this journey, the 10 hours to Sydney and 1 ½ hours to Melbourne will be a breeze (excuse the pun - I couldn't help myself).

No comments:

Post a Comment