Wednesday 25 April 2012

Granny Squares (Part Two)

I hope that you've all had lots of happy hooking after my post on Granny Squares.  
Now, as promised some inspiration as to what you can make with your lovelies.

Source: bit.ly via Krystyna on Pinterest

Pinterest is full of ideas, but I have put together a few of my favourite little projects and ones that I hope to make in the coming weeks/months:
  • Dottie Angel is a great Australian blog and I love her pillow.  It only requires a few granny circle squares and I love the garland that she created in this post, too.  Adorable.
  • I LOVE this bag on Craftster.  How cute would that be when you hit the shop, or the park, or anywhere, really?
  • Of course there is the Flowers in the Snow blanket that I made,  I do love it a lot and so do the kids.
  • This purse on A Handmade Year is so cute.  I need one and am going to make one.
  • I think Grace needs this poncho from Prudent Baby.  I know that she is seven but I think she can get away with it. 
  • Granny Square Love has tonnes of ideas but I have my eye on the tablecloth
  • Some bunting bliss.  How gorgeous would that be strung between trees at a special celebration?
If you are unsure how to seam your squares, the Lion Brand Blog has two great tutorial here and here.

I have to say, for those who feel stressed and need to unwind at the moment, you need to embrace the meditative qualities of granny squares. The joyous feeling of using up scraps of wool and creating something is soothing, rhythmic and relaxing.  You will feel better for it, I promise.  Well I always do so I hope you do, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment