Monday 30 January 2012

Insta-Friday on Monday

Well we've been incredibly busy here and added to that I have one little boy who has used up most of my monthly internet allowance so my computer speed has been slowed down - frustration plus!

life rearranged 
Anyway, I wanted to link up with Jeanett for Insta-Friday (even if it is now MONDAY).

Friday night is ALWAYS pizza night and movie night.  We make the pizza from scratch and the kids always help me make them.  I LOVE the routine of Friday's and I know the kids do, too.
I have no doubt that Gracie will end up doing something creative when she is older.  She is always painting, drawing and she is quite the little knitter too.  She has made a scarf (or two) for her 'babies'. Of course, I help her with dropped stitches, but in general, she does well for a seven year old.  It warms my heart to watch her knitting needles in action.

We visited the Melbourne Aquarium last weekend.  We were all enthralled with the penguins.  It was so fun to watch them waddle about in their enclosure.

The jelly fish at the Aquarium were amazing, too.
Gracie insists on taking a handbag wherever we go.  She has a few favourites but I decided to surprise her one morning with one that I had sewed for her.  It is now her ultimate favourite...HOORAY!

A little display I had on our coffee to mark Australia Day.  I couldn't let the day go by without some form of decorating.

Saturday night was 'girl' night at a friend's house - pizza, delicious desserts, lots of chatting, music and wine. Fun!

Yesterday we went to Geelong as a final outing before school returns.  It was a hot Melbourne day and we ALL enjoyed a swim and lunch at the foreshore.

My little shell collector and sand castle creators

Patrick starts at a new school tomorrow.  He has mixed feelings, mostly he's excited but he said he feel anxious in his stomach (poor boy).  I'm trying to get my head around the fact that my boy is growing up way too fast!

Wishing you a happy week!

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one who does insta-Friday on Monday! Hope you are having a happy week and that the first day of school wasn't as scary as Patrick thought it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bag you made for your daughter! Very cool, no wonder she likes it so much! :D

    ReplyDelete