One recipe I did mark was Dutch Baby Pancakes. As soon as I got home, the kids and I made them. They were delish! They're not light on the butter but once in a while you have to enjoy a treat, right? I'm hoping to get some Dutch Baby Pancakes on Mother's Day...I hope that you're reading this, Martin!
Dutch Baby Pancakes
For the pancakes:
8 Tbs unsalted butter
8 large eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup light milk
For the topping:
100g melted butter
Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat
- In a blender, whir together the eggs, flour, and milk
- Pour the batter into the skillets over the melted butter.
- Slide the skillets into the oven, and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the puffed pancakes from the oven
- Transfer them to a plate or shallow bowl
- Pour on melted butter, sprinkle on lemon juice, and dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve immediately.