However, lately I have discovered the versatility of the crock pot. I love the thought of making snacks, desserts and cakes in the cooker. Exciting! Anyway a couple of weeks ago I made the most delicious Cinnamon Almonds in the crock pot. They were delicious and were gobbled up quick smart by many guests that we have had over lately. I really enjoyed them too but I am not a sweet tooth so I decided to tweak the recipe and this is what i came up with...
Cinnamon, Paprika and Rosemary Almonds
- 4 cups of raw almonds
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 tabs vanilla
- 1 tab sea salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tab cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tab smokey paprika
- 2 tabs finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Spray the crock pot with olive oil or cooking spray
- Blend salt, sugar, paprika, cinnamon and rosemary in a medium bowl
- Beat egg whites and vanilla in a separate bowl until white and frothy
- Stir egg mixture and herbs together
- Add almonds and stir until they are coated with the egg mixture
- Add the almonds to the crock pot and cook on a low setting for approx. 3-4 hours. Stir every 40-50 minutes so they do not stick or clump together.
- Cool on a baking tray and break up any almond clumps.